How is HIV spread?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi doctor ..I masturbated in a browsing center... My penis touched the computer table while ejaculation...and after ejaculation I rubbed my penis against the table... worried would contact hiv..after that I washed my penis with a bit very hot water and later my penis turned green.. Will I get hiv....
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: No possibility of HIV transmission like this. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. There is no possibility of HIV infection through this mode. HIV can not be transmitted through inanimate objects like table contact. HIV can live only in body fluids. It can not be viable outside even for few minutes in dry atmosphere, O2 and temperature. So you can not acquire HIV in this method even if we consider somebody( a HIV positive person) who used that table prior to you masturbated like this. So nothing to worry at all. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: How is HIV spread? 21 minutes later
Sir iam sure I rubbed my penis against a wet surface... Time gap between me and the previous person would be 5 to 7 minutes.... Sir...
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Still the possibility is almost nil. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. Definitely there is no possibility even if it is wet surface. Wet surface may be due various reasons including spillage of water or soft drinks. HIV can not survive even for 2 minutes outside the body. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: How is HIV spread? 2 minutes later
Sir even if it was semen also no problem Sir ....
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: The risk is negligible. Detailed Answer: Hi, Even if it is semen,(quite unlikely) the risk is negligible. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: How is HIV spread? 23 minutes later
Sir do I Need to take screening test.... Or not needed..
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: You don't need a HIV test. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome once again. Practically speaking, You don't need HIV test. But to overcome your mental tension and to just forget this incident from your memory, it is better for you to have a HIV test and get your negative HIV test and rule out the negligible possibility once for all. Otherwise this thought will disturb you in future for any sort of mild illness. Dr S.Murugan