How is HIV infection transmitted?

hello sir i met a girl last week she said that she loves me one day she came to my room and she kissed and licked my penis and i put one finger in her vagina and i kissed the same finger then i started fearing that i would get any hiv then i went for one hiv testing centre there i got the result as negative is it necessary to get tested again please help me
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later

You have only kissed ( probably a dry kiss); a finger with vaginal secretions of a girl with unknown HIV status. The likelihood that you have contracted HIV from this exposure is negligible.

The HIV virus is secreted in vaginal fluids but still you would have to have a significant and prolonged exposure via fingering. A direct contact with glans - front part of penis is needed for infection to transmit. Let me reassure you that I can almost guarantee that you are HIV negative.
There is no risk of transmission of HIV or STD in your case. In fact there are no cases reported to have transmitted infection through this mode.

A person gets infected only when the partner in question, infact is ‎infected with HIV, and has very high titres. ‎‎Though, the risk of infection by just contact without complete intercourse is almost nil as compared to complete intercourse as the transmission of HIV virus occurs by means of any body fluids as semen, vaginal fluid, blood, saliva, etc.

Once again, I want to reassure you that it is highly unlikely that you have contracted the HIV virus. You do not need to repeat the test at all. I do recommend that in the future you take precautions if you are in a situation where you feel you might be at increased risk.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: How is HIV infection transmitted? 10 hours later
Thanks Mam thanks for giving your valuable reply i have one more question in my mind she kissed and licked my penis will any hiv virus be transmitted with that thing anyway i tested for hiv im negative please help me
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

To transmit the infection just by licking the penis, the girl has to be heavily infected and the contact should be for a prolonged period of time.

Even then the chances of infection are less than 0.04%.

You must not worry about repeating the test.

Follow-up: How is HIV infection transmitted? 89 days later
Thanks Mam, I have gone for another test for reconfirmation after 3 months I got the result
Method is Rapid test for detecting and differentiating anti HIV-1 and anti HIV-2 antibodies in whole blood, serum or plasma with an Imunoenzymatic technique.
1. Anti HIV 1 Ig G Antibodies: NEGATIVE.
2. Anti HIV 2 Ig G Antibodies: NEGATIVE.
What does it mean? Does it mean HIV negative. Please help me
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello again XXXXXXX

Thank you for the follow up.

This test report suggests that you are not infected with HIV. So there is no need to worry now.

Hope I have answered all your queries. You are welcome to ask any more queries you might have.

Please accept my answer if you do not have further queries.