How is Esophagitis and Chron's disease treated ?

I am a 54 year old female who has Crohns disease but is not experiencing a flare up right now. In the last few days continuously I have had mid to upper chest pain which actually hurts to the touch, back pain and a hard time swallowing with a slight burning feeling and much belching after eating or drinking anything which is very unusual for me. This occured after going out to dinner and drinking a few glasses of wine and eating a heavier meal, could it be my esophagus?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Chron's Disease
Follow-up: How is Esophagitis and Chron's disease treated ? 7 minutes later
I take steroidal drugs daily, do I need to see my gastro doc if this continues?
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 17 hours later

Your symptom complex is suggestive of Esophagitis. However pain on touching usually indicates a local musculoskeletal pathology.

Esophagitis and costochondritis/myositis can be an extra intestinal manifestation (EIM) of Crohn's disease. EIM can occur even the intestinal disease is quiescent.

Further when people are on steroids one has to always consider a possibility of Candidial Esophagitis. Hence consider visiting your GI for further clarifications.

Hope this answers your queries. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Dr. Poorna Chandra