How is Clamydia transmitted?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Recently, I inquired about Clamydia another question. I have been monogamist for 3 years. Is it possible my partner recently got the clomydia and passed it on to me ? Or could he have had it at the beginning of our relationship and I just got it recently?
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Transmission of Chlamydia infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for posting your query. Chlamydia infection is a sexually transmitted disease,that can be transmitted through oral ,vaginal or anal sex. Males with this infection will be usually asymptomatic but they can transmit the disease to their partners. As it is asymptomatic, many people remain unaware of the fact they have been infected, so it remains undetected and they have all the potential to transmit the disease. So chances of either ways is possible. It is possible that your partner had acquired the infection 3 years before and had remained asymptomatic from then, and would have transmitted the infection to you now. Also it is possible that he has acquired it recently and you have got infected from him. As I already told that it is asymptomatic in males, your partner would not have taken any treatment that has lead to the transmission of chlamydial infection to you. If you have any further queries feel free to post. Thank you.