How is Bronchogenic Carcinoma treated ?

my dad recently went into hospital with massive headaches. this is what the surgeon diagnosed on his outpatients form. he is waiting for a biopsy but am worried because the pain in his head is getting quite severe again. he has been prescribed: omeprazone, dexamethasome, phenytoin. he was given oramorph in the hospital but at the moment because of bank holiday weekend my dad cannot get an appoint for stronger pain relief. would going to the hospital help? i am going to write below the medical terms but all I and my family want including my dad is a time limit. please just want to know the bold part
CTH 3cm enhancing right parietal mass with surrounding white matter oedema. Subfarlcine hernation is present and there is early dilation of the leteral ventricales consistent with primary or secondary tumour.
CXR Left hilar mass.
CT chest There is a 4cm lobulated mass in the left upper lobe with a further 3cm mass central to this, just anterior to the left main pulmonary artery. no other evidence of lymphadenopathy. There are several areas of low- density within the liver, in this context most likely to represent hepatic metastases. CT head findings noted.
Conclusion: EVidence of metastatic bronchogenic carcinoma.
Please tell us roughly how long we have left with our dad, husband and grampy. Thankyou x my dad is 65 and is of average weight
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Lung Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 32 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

One thing that I have learnt in my sixteen years of medical practice is - that only biopsy should be trusted. There have been too many instances of false reports in Radiography / CT Scan.
So I would advise to wait till the biopsy report is out.

Now, consider that it is truly BRONCHOGENIC CARCINOMA as suggested in the report, there is still some hope with Chemotherapy. It can sometimes produce miraculous results. So I advise all of you not to lay down your weapons without a fight. If you start talking about time left for a person, you have lost the war, before even thinking about fighting.

It is very difficult for even the best doctors to judge the time left for a person to live. So do not harbour any negative thoughts.

Kindly post me the biopsy report in this forum. I shall try suggesting more information with your queries.

Hope I have answered your query adequately.

Thanks for your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Best Regards