How harmful is it to smoke one cigar a month at age sixty-one?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i want to smoke one cigar a month. i am 61 years old. how harmful would that be
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 41 minutes later
Smoking just one cigar in a month will have a minimal effect on your health. But you will have to be sure not to increase the consumption gradually over time.
The adverse effects of cigar smoking on an individual's health do show a considerable inter individual variation.
You need to rule out any respiratory allergic disorder like asthma before smoking as it can precipitate the attacks in some individuals.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.