How fast do thyroid nodules grow?

hi I would like to know how fast thyroid nodules grow? 8 months ago I had a scan it was clear, now I have a 2.7cm nodule in the left lobe and smaller nodules in the right lobe please help need answers
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Growth time is variable. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Hi! there is no fixed growth rate and no predictions. why did you undergo a thyroid scan 8 months ago ? we're you suspecting a problem? now that one of the nodule is 2.7 cm you must get the FNAC done also check your thyroid hormone status. regards!
Follow-up: How fast do thyroid nodules grow? 10 minutes later
It was found by accident, 8 months ago i was having neck and shoulder problems so they scand neck to see if it was nerves pinching. They didn't find anything two days ago they did a scan for the same reason and found the nodules. Im going in for ultra sound tomorrow. Just wanting to know what im in for as my gp seems to be down playing results from scan
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 3 hours later
Brief Answer: relax, as most of the thyroid nodules are benign. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, as i told you get one FNAC in the same sitting when you are going for ultra sound thyroid. Stay relaxed as most of the thyroid nodules are benign. Thyroid functions are definitely required to know the status. neck and shoulder problem what you are facing is less likely to be due to thyroid , it can be cervical spondylitis or just muscle pull, it may be positional as well. Regards!