How effective is taking lymecycline and dianette together?

Jul 2012

Hi, can you tell me how effective is taking Lymecycline and Dianette together? I have some aggressive spots around my chin area and I have been taking Dianette for one month (I have been on it previously) and before that XXXXXXX for two months although I have not seen any improvement in my acne as of yet. I have been battling acne for years and was wondering whether I should now consider Roaccutane, although I know I need my GP to refer me to a dermatologist for that to be considered. Thanks, Katrina
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
From your description & the medications you are on, is it possible that you have a condition called Polycystic ovarian disease? If not & the oral contraceptives are being taken for just that: contraceptive protection & you have found marginal to no improvement in your acne, Yes, it is time to consider Roaccutane therapy & Yes, it will require the services of a dermatologist & you may start putting the referral process procedures in place. Hope this answer met your requirements & was precise & helps you make an informed choice. Take care & do close this query & send in a rating if time permits & all the best to a clear countenance soon!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India.