How does one treat penis pigmentation ?

I have diabetes type 2, take meformin and also have had my thyroid radiated out. I also take levothyroxine. I have an elevated blood pressure so the Dr. prescribes spironolactone. I have noticed that on the underside of my penis, on the shaft between the head and the testicles, it is turning dark and has some dark patches. What do you think is happening? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The diseases that you have- High B.P.,Diabetes and hypothyroidism- all the three are not associated with any pigmentation problems.
The pigmentation you have on the underside of penis is either associated with some local skin problem like allergy or it may be the effect of some medicines that you are taking - like spironolactone- though rarely, but may cause some pigmentation.
If there is no itch or the patch is not increasing or there is no scaling, then you need not worry as it seems to be a harmless pigmented area.

If they tend to increase or cause any symptoms then you have to see a Dermatologist for further evaluation.Some changes in your present medications may be done by the doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.