How does one attain hard penis erection ?

is a hard urine penis (hardness & size) the same as a hard sex penis? I'm asking becuase I accidently walked into our parlor and found my husband nude with a large hard penis that he hasn't had in the past 3 years. When I asked what he was doing he grabbed his shorts and said nothing. When I asked about his penis because he wasn't fast enough when he tried hiding it, he said he had to urinate. But he didn't urinate before I caught him or after
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 44 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Penis erection occurs due to engorgement of blood in the corpora cavernosa which is a tubular structure and runs through the length of penis. The corpora spongiosum is located just below it which contains urethra for passage of urine.

So at times erection can occur during urination and is not uncommon, though it might be not as hard and erected as during intercourse.

Just relax and discuss with your partner regarding the incident.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any