How does metoprolol and lisinopril work in a heart patient?

I had an electrical cardiograph because the Cardiololgist looked at ekg and it was not normal something about electrical problem and A SLOW HEART. This is not true. I have been montering my BP for two weeks. the averages 132/75 85 I was prescribed two meds metoprolol succinate 25 mg once a day. lisinoparil 5mg one a day I am not sure why I was perscribed these meds. my heartbeat is irregular now for a few days off and on. Tell me what you think There was no blockage Also have nerve pinched in cerviail causing all finger tip to be numb and tingle. Taking Cymbalta for this
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that metoprolol is a beta blocker and since you have given a history of irregular hear beat , this drug is used for regularising the heart rhythm also . Your cardiologist must have prescribed it for that . Regarding lisinopril I cannot comment because it is generally used in hypertension and then in coronary artery disease generally .So if your treating doctor has prescribed it there must be some indication for that . Take care. Dr. Shruti