How does a person use ventolin ?

My young daughter uses an Arero Chamber to aid in the administration of her Ventolin.
Is it ok for her to keep her dummy in her mouth and breath the Ventolin in through her nose? She enjoys the experience more with the comfort of her dummy but ofcourse we worry she isn't getting the Ventolin into her lungs properly
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Thanks for your query,

There would be no problem and the medicine will enter the lung in the same amount as when taken through mouth .It could be advantageous as there would be no oral side effects and undesired taste issue here.

Since Ventolin is a aerosol preparation there would be easy dispersion in the aero chamber and entry into the lungs via nose too.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.