How do you treat Essential tremor?
User rating for this question
How do you treat essential tremer?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Essential tremor is treated by drugs&surgery.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Essential tremor is uncontrollable shaking when muscles are used. Treatment is based on the severity of the symptoms. Mild to moderate cases can be treated through a variety of drugs including - beta-blockers (propanolol, atenolol) - anti-seizure drugs (gabapentin, topiramate) - anti-anxiety drug (alprazolam) The severer cases of tremor can be treated surgically by deep brain stimulation conducted by specialists. Once again, the treatment is based on the severity of the symptoms and how well you will be responding. All the best! Dr.Alba
People also viewed
- How to control essential tremors
- Small tear left posterolateral annulus
- Numbness in arm where bitten by dog
- How to beat essential tremors
- How does chiropractic help essential tremor
- Burning penis and headaches
- How to treat essential tremor
- Burning lump on head
- Head injury and burning urination
- Tongue cheeks arms numb
- Antiphospholipid and bowel
- Light headed burning smell
- Bitten arm thumb numb
- Gyno travogen ovule burning
- Will zonegran treat benign essential tremor?