How do you prevent cold and cough ?
User rating for this question
How do you prevent cold/cough ?
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 3 hours later
Thanks for the query
Cold and cough both are different entities; there are various causes which can give rise to either of them or both of them.
1. Cold could be due to upper flu), allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, vasomotor problems, etc.
2. Cough is due to various causes such as wax in the ear, sinusitis, throat infection, flu, upper and lower respiratory tract infections, heart failure, etc.
3. If your question is regarding how to prevent the common cold and cough, then it is very simple to answer. If you are expecting an answer for a particular problem which is causing both cold and cough, then you need to provide me with few more details, such as present symptoms.
4. Persisting cough and cold is usually noticed in allergic rhinosinusitis.
5. The following are the preventive measures which you need to follow:
a. Avoiding those food and beverages which induce allergy
b. Do not sleep under the fan or in front of the Air conditioner
c. Avoid using strong perfumes and face powder
d. When exposed to dust or smoke cover the nose with a clean handkerchief
e. To change the pillow cover every night before going to bed
f. Drinking plenty of warm water
g. Do steam inhalation 3-4 times a day
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon