Ask a Urologist   »  

How do prostatic secretions work?

Ok I am really sorry to bother you again but I dont know if you remember me but we had previous correspondence WWW.WWWW.WW and WWW.WWWW.WW But from our previous conversations we spoke about the Cowper glands liquidating. I just wanted to make sure that all that we spoke about was also true in regards to the prostatic secretions that a man could excrete, not only the urethral fluid. Is that true? Sorry this just came up, so I want to get it straight before I move on. Thanks
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Prostatic fluid is part of the ejaculate. Detailed Answer: Thank you for the question. Prostatic fluid make up 2/3 of the seminal fluid which is the ejaculate while the Cowper's gland is responsible for the pre ejaculate. They have different timing of secretions and the prostate fluid comes together with the sperm from the testis. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.