How do i know that I have a heart problem?

Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

I have read your query and medical and drug history with diligence.

To answer your query specifically, you need to undergo a echocardiography test to know the same.

It is a simple test performed on an OPD basis. You could ask your treating doctor to refer you to one. In the Echocardiography, we would know the details of your heart functioning in the form of Ejection fraction, the condition of your heart chambers as well as the heart valves.

Invasive procedures like PTCA (Perctunaneous transthoracic coroniary angiography is done to look at the vessels and blood supply of the heart.

I hope this information helps you and is clear to you. Let me know if I can help you further.

Follow-up: How do i know that I have a heart problem? 5 minutes later

Let me get these tests done, and then revert back to you if needed
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 hours later

I would be glad to help you further. You can write back to me anytime.

Take care and good day ahead!