How do i cure my edema?

ENT Specialist
How do i cure my edema?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 3 minutes later
there are various ways to cure edema, but i need to know where it is first? thanks
Follow-up: How do i cure my edema? 10 minutes later
My calfs, ankels and feet. This started about two months ago. I have high blood pressure and cholestoral, both controlled by medications. I have a repiratory disease called Lymphangioliomatiomatosis (LAM) for which I inhale Advair twice a day. I also sleep with oxygen.
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please meet your physician! Detailed Answer: Hello I am a bit concerned about your edema and it may indicate that your heart or your kidneys may not be functioning properly , which is causing the fluid to accumulate in the tissues, giving rise to the edema! High cholesterol and blood pressure can damage either the kidney or the heart giving rise to the edema. Another reason, although less likely, may be the use of advair, which is basically a steroid and may get absorbed in the blood , giving rise to the edema Please meet your physician, he will examine you and guide you further. I would recommend that you sleep with your legs elevated by 15-20 degrees, this will reduce the edema! Take care