How do i control hair loss?

what to do to control hair loss?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Treatment according to type of hair loss Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. I would like to tell you there mainly there are two types of hair loss. One is a generalised diffuse hair loss and the other is a hormonal female pattern hair loss. Treatment of both of these varies. So please tell if you have diffuse hair loss or is it more over the anterior part of the scalp. You can also click a close up picture of the scalp and upload it here on this page if you have hair loss of some particular pattern. Since when do you have this hair loss? Did you have any prior illness before the onset of hair loss? Any disease or illness or surgery? Are you currently taking any medicines for hair loss or for any other problem? Any stress? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details along with the pictures. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: How do i control hair loss? 38 minutes later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX Thankyou for your reply. I have hair fall since about 10 years. After I had jaundice, I got dandruff. My hair is falling out fully intact. I do not take any medicine but have tried many shampoos like selsun, tea tree oil shampoo, head n shoulders....I am not sure with the type of hairfall but i think i have general hair loss. There are no patches and have long hair but thinner than before.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Diffuse hair fall, take regular treatment Detailed Answer: Hi again You basically have a diffuse hair loss. Although you have this problem since many years, but we do expect good results with proper treatment in your case. You should start taking oral biotin tablets 10 mg per day regularly. These act as hair growth supplements. Apply zydip lotion daily at night to the root of hair. Along with it ,use scalpe shampoo twice a week to wash the hair. After you apply it ,leave it for five minutes before rinsing it off for it to act. Take a diet rich in fruits ,carrots,dry fruits and nuts . Take plenty of milk and milk products and if possible take eggs to promote good hair growth. Remember that once you start with the above treatment ,it might take six to eight weeks before you will notice a difference since hair growth takes its own time. So you have to be regular in treatment and take it continously. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: How do i control hair loss? 2 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Thanks for your help. Is zydip available in australia or is it indian product? Can you please let me know lotion that i can get here in australia ? Thankyou,
Brief Answer: otc medicines for dandruff Detailed Answer: Hi again You can buy hytone 2.5 lotion as an otc lotion for application to scalp. You can use it daily with an anti dandruff shampoo twice a week. Dr Geetika Paul