How do I treat white pus in the eye and sore eyes alongwith sensitivity to sunlight?

my eyes are really sore most days ,sunshine hurts,and there are fine flecks of white pus mostly in my left eye . having tried every product over the counter unsuccessfully,my only relief is to shut them.eventually i get a headache. i am 59yrs, 8st 7lb,5ft 2ins.I have been taking 50mg thyroxine per day for the last 10yrs.otherwise I am well. this has been happening for the last 9 yrs and now is ever present, my dc seems unable to make sense of it.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 4 hours later

From symptoms I can think of two possible conditions:
1. Allergy
2. Infections

In this condition you will have some kind of irritation or itching around the eyes it will also be associated with other allergic symptoms like sneezing, running nose etc though not essentially required for the diagnosis

As you have this for a long period it doubt this as a possibility. But just to mention it could be iridocyclitis or uveitis too.

As I am not able to do an examination I cannot comment on the exact diagnosis of you condition.

Since you have these problem for a long time (9years) I suggest you to consult and Ophthalmologist for a complete eye examination, who after examining you will start on the required treatment.

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.