How do I maintain vaginal pH?
User rating for this question
how do I maintain vaginal ph?
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Tips given below. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The normal pH of the vagina is 4.5 or less, which is on the low, or acidic, side of the pH spectrum. Clean the vulva with plain, warm water. If you use soap, choose a mild soap, like perfume-free glycerin soap. Change tampons and sanitary napkins frequently during menstruation. Exposing the vagina to prolonged use of tampons and pads can lead to vaginitis. Refrain from douching. This can disrupt the normal vaginal pH and lead to vaginitis. Use a condom during sexual intercourse as semen has a higher pH. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
People also viewed
- Pessary designed for a cystocele
- Small tingly lump on ankle
- Ovarian cyst rupture and pregnancy
- How to lower sperm ph
- Swollen lumpy ankle with red marks
- High ph vaginal discharge pcos
- Cyst of zeis
- Ovarian cyst missed period
- What is vaginal ph balance
- Itchy swollen rash ring around ankle
- Swollen ankles with pinprick red spots
- Swollen foreskin vaginal ph levels
- How to increase semen ph
- Itchy swollen ankle and forearm
- Separated ovarian cyst