How do I maintain vaginal pH?
User rating for this question
how do I maintain vaginal ph?
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Tips given below. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The normal pH of the vagina is 4.5 or less, which is on the low, or acidic, side of the pH spectrum. Clean the vulva with plain, warm water. If you use soap, choose a mild soap, like perfume-free glycerin soap. Change tampons and sanitary napkins frequently during menstruation. Exposing the vagina to prolonged use of tampons and pads can lead to vaginitis. Refrain from douching. This can disrupt the normal vaginal pH and lead to vaginitis. Use a condom during sexual intercourse as semen has a higher pH. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
People also viewed
- Delayed period had sex bloated and hard stomach normal
- How to lower sperm ph
- Types of cognitive disabilities
- Trying to conceive taking imazole discharge after uterus infection
- Colchicine for mesenteric panniculitis
- Swollen foreskin vaginal ph levels
- What does coitus mean
- Done hysterectomy sonography showed hepatomegaly any cure
- Pap smear shows c1n1 is that like having cancer
- High ph vaginal discharge pcos
- Trying to conceive light bleeding stress inter-menstrual bleeding causes
- Pink circles under eyes
- Chest x-ray in pregnancy
- What is vaginal ph balance
- How to increase semen ph