How do I lose weight? What food should I eat to help lose weight?

How do i lose my waight???? What would be the food habit to reduce my weight???
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

The best methods and techniques to reduce weight would be the following remedies:
-First, reduce your intake (have smaller meals)
-More number of meals in a day (5-6), in very small portions, increases the metabolism and thus results in weight loss
-Increased amount of water (most of the times, the brain mistakes thirst for hunger, and sends a stimulus to the mind of the individual to consume food)
It also helps by filling the stomach and thus reducing the amount you would want to eat. Drinking a glass full of cold water before each meal reduces the amount of food you can eat, and gives a general sensation of being full earlier
-"Push your plate away while you are still hungry"
-Exercise (30 minutes of brisk walking a day greatly helps)
-Fixed meal timings (early breakfast, with breakfast being the biggest meal of the day)
-Moderate amount of food for lunch, if you consume meat, you could include one piece of meat in lunch, not other meals
-Early (7 pm) and very less dinner, try to walk for 15-20 minutes an hour after dinner
-Have a glass of lukewarm water with a few drops of lemon juice squeezed into it (this promotes rapid digestion and also prevents the absorption of fat into the gut)
-No oily, fatty, fried food
-More fruits and vegetables
-Less oil while cooking
-Try to avoid sugar as much as possible
-Avoid carbonated and fizzy drinks completely
-Liquid diet once a week (also helps in detoxification)

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be happy to help you.

Best wishes.