How do I know if my wife's pregnancy bears my baby?

My question is to have your evaluation and possibilities on the paternity surity.

I doubt the baby that my wife delivered is not mine. and she was aleady pregnant when we married.

Marriage date: 01 March 2011
LMP: 03 March 2011 (as per her on the medical papers)
(But I did not see her periods during these dates as we had sex daily without any precaution).

Baby Delivered on: 11 Nov. 2011
baby Discharged from clinic: 15 Nov. 2011

It was a sygerian delivery.
Baby weight on birth: 2800 grms
Baby length on birth: 49 cms.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 24 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I think that all your fears are unfounded and could possibly damage your relationship with your child and your wife permanently if you allow these thoughts to linger on.
There are several reasons why it is unlikely that this child is not yours:
a.     It is possible for every woman to forget her last menstrual period. It is a very common problem we face in day to day clinical practice. So even if her LMP was before marriage, she could have conceived after marriage and could have probably never gotten her period.
b.     Her child was born at 38 weeks of gestation ( as per the LMP 3rd March). If she was pregnant before marriage, that means she was already 4 weeks pregnant (atleast) on 3rd march. So on 11th November, her doctor would have informed you that its a post dated pregnancy and she they would do an elective caesarean section in her. Since this was not the case, its practically ruled out that she was pregnant when she got married.
c.     It is not necessary that you see her bleed during sex. Usually, the blood does not flow out, as there is no gravity in that position.
d.     However, if you still don’t believe the above, get a DNA matching done. That should conclusively put aside all your ill warranted misconceptions.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.
I shall be available for follow ups.
Follow-up: How do I know if my wife's pregnancy bears my baby? 24 minutes later
Thanks a lot doctor for your answers.

My concern is also because she left home 15 days back from delivery and she delivered the baby when i was not there. I dont have any news of doctors whether it is premature delivery or mature.

And even She confirmed me that she didnt have periods on 3rd March or later.

Even if the baby is deliverd on 36th weeks, do the clinic let go home after 5 days. Doesnt the baby need more observation at the hospital. Do they discharge in 5 days in this case. ?/
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 11 minutes later
I can assure you that if the child was post term delivery, the doctor would have given a date for delivery and it would not have occurred like this.
If the child is normal and there is no health issue, doctors can discharge the baby in five days.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.
Wish you the very best.
Follow-up: How do I know if my wife's pregnancy bears my baby? 36 minutes later
The normal delivery date given by the doctors was 3rd december.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

As I believe that more information can help a physician help you better, can you tell me the report of a 1st trimester 9 done within 3 months of LMP) ultrasound?
That provides us the exact dates (+/- 1 week0 and help us conclusively put aside all your doubts.
If you have any ultrasound report, please tell me both date of ultrasound and gestational age of baby as seen in the ultrasound.