How dangerous is a cat bite injury?

Hi may I ask a medial question? I got bitten by a cat about 2 months ago. The wound was not deep and got healed quickly. The cat is now still alive and healthy. However, I was on the website yesterday and I accidentally read stuff about cat diseases. So I'm afraid that it can cause problems. I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety one month ago. Can the cat's bitten cause my anxiety? Or is it just me being over reacting? Thank you.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO correlation between catbite and chronic anxiety Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Cat-bite has NOTHING TO DO with chronic anxiety. Further, a cat-bite 2 months back with a healed wound and alive cat, virtually rules out the possibility of any disease transmitted to you. SO, JUST RELAX AND CHILL!! Continue with the treatment for chronic anxiety. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: How dangerous is a cat bite injury? 1 hour later
Thank you for the information. can a catbite that (occurred 2 months ago) bring an effect now? The wound has completely disappeared. And it was not deep. And because it's my neighbour's cat, I don't know whether it's been vaccinated before. But the cat is still alive now. Should I take a medical treatment? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing will happen: No treatment required Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX There is NOTHING to worry. You won't have ANY PROBLEMS. Hence, no medical treatment is required at all. Stop thinking about the cat bite and move ahead. Take care, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal