How could I get rid of the non itchy rashes behind both my ears ?

ENT Specialist
Hi Doctor, I am 48, I have a rash behind both my ears. Rash is not itchy nor painful. It looks odd. It's been there for a couple of yesrs. On it's on at time the rashes increase and and times it decreases. How could I get rid of them. Thanks and regards. XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 48 minutes later

After going through the description provided by you, it is clear that the aural rashes are most probably due to allergic condition.

In chronic allergic cases, the area becomes resistant to pain and itching, it is due to persistent elevated IGE level in the body.

Now, what you will have to do--
1- Take some potent antiallergic like the combination of moteleukast with levocetrizine for a period of 15 days.
2- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and dust.
3- Apply some anti allergic, antibacterial cream over it atleast over night.

If after 15 days, still the problem persists then, you will have to switch on some mild steroid like dezacort, which is water soluble, after consultation with your physician.
The purpose is to lower down your Immunoglobulin levels.

Don't worry, follow these instructions, you will definitely feel better.

Hope this will help you, and I am ready for future follow ups( if any).