How can water stuck in upper frontal,ethmoid and sphenoids be removed after sinus surgery?
User rating for this question
Hello, I had a sinus sugery exactly three weeks ago and for the last five days i have had saline solution stuck in there from irrigating my sinuses. The sugery was a functional endoscopy that involved my ethmoid, sphenoids and maxillary sinuses. The particular rinse method i was using involved bending all the over to allow the water to go into my upper sinuses.... Anyways the water is stuck in my upper frontal, ethmoid and sphenoids... Is there someway to get this out? I cant see my ENT untill next friday and this is obviously very uncomfortable.. Thanks in advance! XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nasal decongestant nasal drop Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Nasal decongestant nasal drop is the better way to get this out. This surgery is the minimal invasive surgery and not destroy the ciliary action of the sinuses and natural drainage path way. In initial stage just after surgery swollen mucosa may cause this type of problem for this better to instill nasal decongestant drops and continue your saline irrigation. For your kind information---> The goal of Functional endoscopic sinus surgery is to improve the drainage of the sinuses and prevent mucus from building up in these chambers. When secretions accumulate in a blocked off sinus, they may become infected with bacteria and result in a flare up of sinus symptoms. Wish you good health
People also viewed
- Is excess air or gas in the stomach or intestines a side effect of cipro?
- Need suggestions to cure vertigo
- Can the small submucosal mass down throat can be cancerous
- Is heavy non-menstrual vaginal bleeding a side effect of zantac injection?
- Is skin rash, encrusted, scaly, and oozing a side effect of cortizone-10?
- Hiccups after sinus surgery
- How do i know if submandibular gland has an infection
- Is swelling of the feet or lower legs a side effect of dextroamphetamine?
- Swimming after sinus surgery
- Is burning, stinging, or tingling of skin, mild a side effect of finacea?
- What turns skin color of ear and head to white
- How safe is sinus surgery
- What causes itching in ears
- How uncomfortable is sinus surgery
- How long smokeless tobacco after sinus surgery