How can the tail bone and back pain be healed after a fall?

I Fell on my butt at work now my tail bone and lower back hurt and its hard to breath
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Follow-up: How can the tail bone and back pain be healed after a fall? 32 minutes later
it still hurts and im worried I compressed my spine Answers?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 48 minutes later

From the history given, it seems that the only symptom you have is severe pain and discomfort.

Falling on ones buttocks, can be very painful and the pain might last for a few days, in most cases.

But in most cases, this issue is self limiting and resolves on its own. You might use good pain killers like ibuprofen in adequate doses to reduce the pain. In addition proper bed rest for a day or two, and application of heat packs will also be helpful.

Some warning signs of a serious injury to the spine include the following signs and symptoms:

1. Loss of movement
2. Loss of sensation, including the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
3. Loss of bowel or bladder control
4. Changes in sexual function, sexual sensitivity.
5. Extreme back pain - that radiates down to your legs or toes.
6. Weakness, incoordination or paralysis in your legs.
7. Numbness, tingling or loss of sensation in your feet or toes
8. An oddly positioned or twisted neck or back

In case you do have the above mentioned symptoms, you might need to consult your doctor or a neurologist for proper examination and tests including a MRI of the spine.

I shall be available for any follow up questions that you might be having.