How can the symptoms of light headedness, blurry vision, depression and tiredness due to smoking marijuana be cured?

Hi, I smoked marijuana almost a week ago for the second time and it was the worst decision of my life. I am 19 years old and a college student and I really need some advice. When I smoked, I felt like my heart was thumping very fast and I felt like I was going to blackout. It's been almost a week now and I still feel light headed, my vision seems a bit abnormal/blurry and I feel a little depressed and tired. Do you have any suggestions on what actions I should take to flush the THC out of my body or to make these feelings stop?
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 minutes later

The body absorbs 10-25% of the THC when it is inhaled ( by smoking marijuana) and this THC being water insoluble is stored in your fat cells. The more you have, the longer the THC will remain in the body.

To get rid of THC fast, try increasing your metabolism. Increased physical activity and high calorie diet increases it while a low calorie diet decreases it. You should exercise well, preferably do aerobic exercises and work out on a regular basis. Secondly, increase your fiber intake with either food or fiber supplements. Food XXXXXXX in fiber are XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, wholemeal brown bread, bananas, fruits, cereals and beans. Fiber acts as a sponge to hold on to the bile (and toxins) and prevent THC from being reabsorbed into the blood thus helping in its excretion.

Also drink plenty of water as it perfuses the tissue well and helps in fast excretion of THC from the body. You should also take vitamin B5 supplements which contain Lecithin. It breaks down your stored fat and disperses it into your blood stream, so it helps cleaning out drugs that store themselves in fat tissue. Foods XXXXXXX in lecithin are egg yolk, soybeans, grains, wheat germ, fish, legumes and peanuts.

If the symptoms persist even after using these remedies then get your hemoglobin levels checked as anemia in young people is often associated with light headedness, tiredness, fatigue and feeling low.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions then please do post us. Wishing you good health.