Ask a Urologist   »  

How can the pain,itching and red spots on penis be treated?

Hi Doc, there has been a month or more since i started seeing some red spots on the head of my penis, a little bit of itching sometimes but no other symptoms, but my girlfriend feels a very uncomfortable pain when i start putting my penis into her vagina. She was examined by gynecologist and had test papanikolaou and everything was normal . Does she needs any more examinations? Or test papanikolaou with the gynecolost examination is sufficient?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 1 hour later

The lesions you have make me suspicious of genital herpes in you caused by Virus called Herpes genitalis which is a communicable and is a sexually transmitted infection which could be the same in your partner too hence she has uncomfortable feeling during the intercourse.

The Pap test is basically for checking Cervical Cancer and not for infections like herpes.

If your girl friend has some creamy, smelly discharge from vagina, she has most probably VAGINITIS. If there are red spots inside her vagina, then most probably it is GENITAL HERPES or it can be due to bacteria which can be determined after a detailed per vaginal examination by a Gynecologist. Do consult for the same.

For the lesions you have , i would advice you to consult a Dermatologist and get treated with appropriate antivirals after confirming the fact that its Herpes.

But see to it that both of you are treated simultaneously. Otherwise you will pass on infection (cross-infection) to each other.

Hope i have answered your query completely , I would wait for your follow up if any.