How can the headache,vomitting,dizziness and sorethroat be controlled?

for the last 9 days i have had a very bad headache which makes me vomit. dizzy, feeling faint, the first day i had it both eyes were very bloodshot. feeling lethargic, occasional earache and sore throat. headache/dizzy has been the worst, panadol and nurofen hasnt worked.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 1 hour later
Hi Beadies,

Headache which is associated with vomiting, feeling dizzy requires urgent evaluation by a physician. It could be the sign of an infection affecting the brain associated with a rise in pressure inside your skull. I suggest you see a General physician immediately and get an examination done.

Similar symptoms may also be caused by other causes such as migraine, sinusitis and high blood pressure. You may also need an eye examination. In any case, you must be examined by a physician.

If there is an underlying infection you may need a course of antibiotics. If it is Migraine it will require drugs such as ergots, calcium channel blockers or a similar group of drugs.

Hope I have answered your query,I would be available for follow ups as well.