How can the fear of sex be removed and does not planning for a baby cause infertility?

Psychiatrist
Question
hi doctor, I got married last week. I have two questions 1 My wife is having tough time having sex with me may be because she is doing it for the first time. please suggest. 2 Also we want to plan for Not having baby for 2 years but I also fear that we should have baby after two years and should not end up having any fertility problems then. please suggest.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. 1 My wife is having tough time having sex with me may be because she is doing it for the first time. please suggest. Ans: You have provided very little information. It is usual to have mild sex fear in initial days of marital life. In some cases, female suffers from the condition called vaginismus in which patient has anticipated severe pain, anxiety and phobia in intercourse. In such cases this is the result of a reflex spasm of the muscles around vagina. The reflex causes the muscles in the vagina to tense suddenly, which makes intercourse—painful or impossible. Following steps need to be done for treatment: • Proper sex education: make your wife read about physiology of sex and watch sex educational video to decrease anxiety related to sex. • Enjoy foreplay and physical intimacy regularly without sex. • Involve in gradual stepwise penetration: with small to large finger or use of vaginal dilators with increasing size according to your comfort. You can also use local anaesthesia with xylocaine during dilation • Improvement may take time so never hurry. • Remain supportive to wife. • You can also take professional help from nearby psychiatrist and gynecologist. 2 Also we want to plan for Not having baby for 2 years but I also fear that we should have baby after two years and should not end up having any fertility problems then. please suggest. Ans: Waiting for 2 years do not increase infertility problem in young couple. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards, http://bit.ly/Dr-Ashish-Mittal

Follow-up: How can the fear of sex be removed and does not planning for a baby cause infertility? 1 hour later
how frequently a couple should sex in a week and also doing sex for 2 years how does it affect health/fertility in a couple for a child after 2 years

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello again, Thanks for follow up. Newly married couple used to have 5-7 times sexual relation per week and waiting for 2 years (even with regular sexual relation) do not affect fertility in young couples. Wish you good health. Regards