How can sore testicle due to injury be treated?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... My 14 year old son was kicked in the testicles today and his right testicle is third larger than his left testicle. And the right testicle is sore. He says it really hurts. Should I take him to the ER? I have him motrin for the pain.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 34 minutes later

Considering a higher force of impact and also sore in right testicle, I would suggest you to take him to ER as there are probabilities of torsion of testis or any hemorrhage which would require a physical examination to decide on the treatment accordingly.

Testicles are sensitive organs, which are prone to severe pain and edema on any injury or infection.

Motrin would only help in reducing the pain irrespective of the cause. So, It would not be helpful in self medicating without knowing the exact cause of pain.

Hope this answers your query, In case of any further doubts I am available for follow up.

Wish your son a speedy recovery.