How can sinus arrythmia be treated?

24, Healthy, Palpitations, started as tachycardia which woke me up at night first time 170bpm (in nov 2010). Now Im also getting PVE's and I have sinus arrythmia, which I have been told is benign, but its ruining my life. When I even go up stairs my heart rate increases dramatically. It even jumps from sitting to standing. 78 on sitting 125 on standing. Even once its 108 resting -140 on standing I have low blood pressure 90/60. I am always tired, and get spells of dizziness. Chest x-ray normal CT- showed pleural effusion which has since resolved. Echo - my doctor told me was normal.. but when i read report.. it says trace mitral regurgitation and trace tricuspid regurgitation??? flattening of mitral valve with no sign of prolapse??? my holter showed sinus rhythm with SVE between a certain time and sinus arrythmia and one SVE at another point. Rare premature aberrant and atrial beats. (please can someone explain). All I have been left with is, your heart results are normal, we could put you on beta- blockers, which I'm worried about taking as I know myself I can get quite low blood pressure. This is interfering with my life on a day to day basis, I just want my life back... HELP
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Sinus arrhythmia's are as such harmless thing but since you are worrying so much about it , it is ruining your life.

Trace mitral regurgitation and trace tricuspid regurgitation is also benign and does not signify anything apart from a minimal increase in cardiac work load.

Regarding the beta blockers, it is the right treatment for sinus arrhythmia. Rest assured that beta blockers do not cause hypotension rather they decrease the blood pressure only in hypertensives.
So, you can safely take them for your treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.