How can simple obesity be treated to gain normal weight?

Dear Doctor I am pure vegetarian, doesn't take oily, fatty foods,ghee or any other items which will add weight and this i am doing for a very very long time. I didn't check my weight (now 101 age 48 and when i was 30 i was only 59 kgs). Of course, i didn't have much exercise. I don't what made me to gain this much weight. My B.P. sugar and the cholesterol are in the normal range. Allopatheic doctor says it is simple obesity. I don't know how to put down the weight. Now in the morning i walk for 45 to 75 minutes 5 days a week. What are all the other aspects i should follow, which will bring down my weight quickly.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Proper diet and radio frequency lipolysis Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health Care Magic First and foremost We should know a common term called as Body Mass Index or BMI which is calculated by taking height and weight. BMI is equal to weight in kilograms divided by height in metre square. Normal BMI is 18- 25 Overweight is 25-30 Obese is more than 30 First you need to know where you stand in terms of BMI. Types of obesity: There are many types of obesity in which central obesity involving the abdomen is most common and most XXXXXXX as it is associated with many diseases. Obesity by itself is a risk factor for many diseases and the risk increases when you have associated diseases like diabetes, altered lipid profile. Since all of them are normal in your case no need to worry. Most of the times the cause for obesity is physical inactivity and over consumption of carbohydrates like rice items along with high calorie foods or junk foods. Coming to your question of how to lose weight quickly 1. Proper diet avoiding carbohydrates, fatty foods, junk foods 2. Food at frequent intervals 3. Consumption of fruits and vegetables 4. Avoiding alcoholic drinks like Beer if you are alcoholic, if you are not please ignore 5. Regular exercises in the form of walking, running, playing outdoor games, tread mill.... If you want to reduce weight quickly I can suggest you can go for ultrasound or radio frequency lipolysis. This is helpful for treatment of local collection of fat as in abdomen. But after lipolysis you have to follow the above methods along with regular exercises to maintain it. Hope the information helps With regards Dr. Dadapeer K
Follow-up: How can simple obesity be treated to gain normal weight? 6 days later
Now a days i am taking more fruits and am limiting my food intake. I am going for a walk in the morning for 50 to 60 minutes. I don't take alcohol. Whether ultrasound or radio frequency lipolysis can be done at what cost? Whether it is available in India?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lipolysis is considered safe. Detailed Answer: Dear sir Ultrasound and radio frequency lipolysis is considered safe, it is an out patient visit procedure, there is no need for admission.. secondly you can view results with in a day, it is widely available in India, especially in mega and metropolitan cities.. Cost varies from place to place, approximately it might cost around 1000 to 1500 Rs per visits. Thanks