How can she be diagnosed and get some treatment for her fainting spells?

My daughter has not been able to hold a job for some time. My husband just died in Dec. He was diagnosed with an aneurism in his brain that was inoperable, compliciated by a genetic hydrcephalis.(sp). My children were told to be tested for this. However this daughter has not been able to work and hasn't any insurance, but in the last two months has passed out 3 times and was sent to the hospital. But was always discharged without a diagnosis. How can she be diagnosed and get some treatment?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that You need to get her brain imaging done to look for any diagnosis. She can be having a plain syncopal attack , a brain seizure or she can be having all these due to drug abuse also. It will be very difficult to pin point one diagnosis but she should be investigated extensively . A MRI brain will be highly recommended , a neurological examination needs to be done to look for any neurological deficit . An EEG and Tilt table testing is also required . And definitely since she has temper problems angle of drug abuse is a major concern although you might not be aware of it . Take care. Dr. Shruti