How can self monitoring of blood glucose be done?
User rating for this question
What is ideal monitoring or rather feasible monitoring for a pt taking 30/70 huminsulin bd?what to do if someone is averse to the idea of taking the insulin a thrice which is the trend nowadays4 a better results.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that SMBG is the best possible method that is self monitoring of blood glucose .Ideally since he is taking long acting insulin he needs to check twice a day before using insulin . Insulin is used thrice when you are using short acting insulin , with long acting it is generally used once at night or twice as you are using . It doesnt matter which one you are using if your sugar is well controlled . HbA1c should be checked every 3 months . Take care. Dr. Shruti
People also viewed
- Final stages of psp
- How can self monitoring of blood glucose be done
- Fibroids in older women
- Why is esperal tablet prescribed
- How to check blood glucose
- Painful stubble inner thigh
- Fibromyalgia and nerve problems
- Stomach feels bruised inside
- Does sulfameth cause heartburn?
- Blood glucose level monitoring in lymphoma
- Fourth and fifth vertebrae
- Prophylaxis for typhoid fever
- Best blood glucose monitoring system
- How to regularise mixtard blood glucose
- Natural way to treat mesenteric panniculitis