How can recurrent UTI and vaginal irritation with lax vagina be treated with history of hysterectomy?

i had surgery 15 years ago (hysterectomy) with what my doctor termed a "bladder tuck"..what was the most common treatment/surgery used then and can i have more surgery now that will help of take care of the feeling that my vagina is too large? sex is often painful and i have suffered with urinary and bladder infections and vaginal irritation for years in spite of the aforementioned procedures
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 7 hours later

The recurrent Urinary tract infections and vaginal irritation and lax vagina are all functions of old age rather than hysterectomy done on yourself 15 yrs back.

Regarding the lax vagina you can do vaginoplasty or labioplasty to treat the problem.

You can also do pelvic floor muscle exercises. Any midwife, nurse, physiotherapist, or doctor can teach you to do them. However, you'll need to do them intensively for six months in order to get much improvement. To get you started, try this:

Tighten up the muscles at the front of the lower part of your body - as if you were trying hard to stop yourself peeing.Hold this contraction for 10 seconds.Relax for 10 seconds.Contract again for 10 seconds.Continue to contract and relax like this for a full five minutes.Repeat four times daily.

Regarding the urinary tract infections you need to get investigated with ultrasound, urine examination and pelvic examination.Since they are recurrent it will lead to renal infections later in life.
You will need to consult an urologist for this.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.