How can pregnancy be detected post unprotected sex ?

I have a concern that I might be 3 weeks pregnant.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later
The best way to determine if you are pregnant or not,is to take a home pregnancy test/blood test.They are very accurate.If you have missed a period then take the test.
If the result is positive,then its your decision whether you want to proceed with the pregnancy or not.
If not,you need to see a OB for the necessary procedure.
Follow-up: How can pregnancy be detected post unprotected sex ? 30 minutes later
Ok. Well I forgot some additional information. I had unprotected sex on April 5th and I took the morning after pill on the 8th. On the 13th, I have gotten my period and it lasted until the 17th. I started taking birth control on the 18th. Is there any chance that I could've gotten pregnant from the unprotected sex?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 34 minutes later
you got the withdrawal bleeding from the emergency pill on the 13th-17th.If you started taking birth control after that then this is your first cycle on oc pills,although ideally you should have started the pack on day 1 or day 5.You are not completely protected during this first month,so use an added form of protection like condoms for this month.If you take the pill properly then you will be protected from then next month and no need for added protection.
Follow-up: How can pregnancy be detected post unprotected sex ? 2 hours later
Ok . I also feel like the birth control pills I'm taking are giving me pregnancy like symptoms. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later

Birth control pills can also cause nausea,vomiting,weight gain,spotting,etc which can mimic pregnancy symptoms.This should normalize in a few cycles of use.

Wish you good health.