Ask a Urologist   »  

How can phimosis be treated and can the penile size be increased ?

hi i am XXXXXXX age 22 ....i am going to get married next year...i so depressed of my small penis....also i have a phimosis condition..hw to grow up my penis.....hw to get cured from this phimosis condition .is circumsion s the oly solution....i so depressed..i told my mom to keep my marraige after 1 year.....can any of the doctor can help me........i am very annoyed with this situation
my weight is around 78 kgs and my height is 6.6
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. R.V.Sirisha Rani 29 minutes later
Hi ,

Phimosis is a common condition, usually causes no problems, and nothing needs be done. If phimosis causes obstruction of the urinary stream, hematuria (blood in the urine), or pain, this can be a urologic emergency and require surgery to relieve the phimosis.

Physiologic phimosis results from adhesions between the epithelial layers of the inner prepuce and glans. These adhesions spontaneously dissolve with intermittent foreskin retraction and erections, so that as males grow, physiologic phimosis resolves with age.

Adult phimosis (ie, pathologic or true phimosis) may be caused by poor hygiene or an underlying medical condition (eg, diabetes mellitus).

Pathologic, or true, phimosis has several different etiologies. The most common cause is infection, such as posthitis, balanitis, or a combination of the two (balanoposthitis). Diabetes mellitus may predispose to such infections.

Applications of steroid creams (0.05% betamethasone) have been used to manage phimosis medically, shown a success rate of 87%. Higher rates of success have been reported with concomitant preputial stretching exercises.

If medical management fails then circumcision or preputioplasty are surgical options.

You need not worry about small penis, during erection it will be big only.

It will be better for you to consult a Urologist&get examined physically & get treated appropriately before marriage only.

Hope I answered your queries& will be available for follow up queries if any.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: How can phimosis be treated and can the penile size be increased ? 26 minutes later
wen erection the head s not coming out doctor.....hw can i insert my penis into a girl vegina if the head s not coming back.....s thr any medicene to enlarge a penis a doctor..??bec its very small doctor..i have also seen porn movies wer the penis s vry big compared to me its very much small in i am very depressed doctor....
Follow-up: How can phimosis be treated and can the penile size be increased ? 2 minutes later
if i touch my penis head(the red stuff ) its some wat ichy....and painful doctor...wats the reason for that...????
Answered by Dr. R.V.Sirisha Rani 3 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

The pain & itching may be due to infection due to Diabetes or poor maintainance of hygiene.
It would be better to get your Blood Sugar levels checked.

Consult a physician who will examine and prescribe you antibiotics or anti fungals. Once the infection is controlled the pain & itching will reduce, after that you can discuss with the doctor regarding Phimosis.

Phimosis is usually treated through medications or surgical that is Circumcision. But it depends upon the degree of the Phimosis.

Keep your mind positive and consult a physician immediately. The problem you are facing is common and there is solution.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you early recovery.