How can periods be preponed?

I want to prepone my periods by atleast one week. They are due on 29th of this month. Can you suggest any safe medication? I want to have them by 23 or 24th of this month. I am already eating papaya and herbal tea to have it. Also i am afraid of pregnancy. Me and my husband were engaged in some foreplay but we were with our clothes on and my husband ejaculated on my pyjama. I dont wanna be pregnant now as we haven't planned it yet.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You can postpone the periods. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Engaging in foreplay and ejaculating on the pajamas does not cause a pregnancy. A direct penetration is needed for the conception to happen. Regarding preponing the period you need to take the hormonal tablets for at least five days and then after stopping the medicine you will get your periods. If you will start your medicine now you will get your bleeding around 28th which coincides with the time of your normal period. It is best to postpone your periods using the medicines now. Primolut N tablet is used to prolong the periods in women who are not pregnant. But this medication is not a contraceptive and does not inhibit ovulation, hence pregnancy can occur while a woman is taking this pills. Hence non-hormonal contraception (Barrier methods) have to be used as measures to prevent pregnancy while on this medication. In case, you do prefer to avoid pregnancy, and postpone the monthly bleeding use of progestogen-estrogen combinations is preferred, because the occurrence of a pregnancy is virtually ruled out by the inhibition of ovulation by such medications. You might consult your doctor who can prescribe you a proper hormonal combination medication that can act as a contraceptive as well as postpone your periods. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: How can periods be preponed? 11 minutes later
Thanks doctor for your advice. Ejaculation of my husband was right on my vagina but it was covered My panties got wet by his ejaculation. That is why i fear pregnancy. I read on sites that even one sperm can cause pregnancy. The other thing is I wanted to prepone it so that i can be rest assure of not being pregnant as we are in some different family tension and can’t afford one more tension. I have been eating papaya and ginger tea to heat up my body. Please suggest a pill name and dosage to prepone it.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can take Deviry for 5 days. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. It is true that even one sperm can cause pregnancy but the chances are less than 1% with clothes on. You can prepone the periods by taking Deviry 5 mg thrice a day for 5 days. You will get your periods 4-5 days after you stop taking the tablet. There is no single tablet that can heat up your body instantly and bring the periods in 2-3 days. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: How can periods be preponed? 18 hours later
Thank you doctor... Is there any home remedy that can be taken to bring on periods earliar? I have read about papayas and grape juices can help to.prepone periods. How much helpful can they be?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: They have only minor effect. Detailed Answer: Hello. There are no home remedies that can bring the period soon. The papaya and grape juice have only mild effect on the hormonal balance of our body. These are not likely to help you much. Regards.