How can pain due to herpes simplex ulcer in eye be soothed?

Hi, I was just diagnosed with Herpes Simplex ulcer in my eye. Brought on overnight, but the ocular gel is not carried in the pharmacies close by so I will not be able to start until tomorrow. Was looking for any type of way to sooth since it's quite painful.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Herpes simplex Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I understand how painful Herpes simplex can be especially if it is in your eye. You could take analgesics like tab aceclofenac twice daily for 3 days or tab tramadol twice daily, it will provide very good pain relief. Please visit an opthalmologist soon. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards