Ask a Urologist   »  

How can pain be reduced when passing blood clots through urinary track?

Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 6 hours later

Thanks for the query

I would suggest a strong opiod analgesic like tramadol for such severe pains. However there is no drug to eliminate blood clots, one has to get bladder wash done regularly by passing catheter.
The ideal thing to do would be to approach a pain clinic, these clinics are usually run by anasthetist specially for cancer pain. They are authorised to prescribe morphine tablets which is an excellent pain killer.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further ones

Follow-up: How can pain be reduced when passing blood clots through urinary track? 2 hours later
where can i find one of these pain clinics in the toronto region
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 51 minutes later

I am sorry but I am not very familiar with Toronto. All major hospitals will have pain clinics in them, please check with your physician for reference. I wouldn't want to misguide you to someone I am not sure of.

Thank you