How can non itchy, painless, skin coloured bumps on arm, chest and legs be treated ?

I have these skin colored bumps on my arm, chest, and legs. I got this when i was doing some work in a abandon building. These bumps have been with me for years, they will not go away on its own. I didn't wear gloves one day and a lot of the dirty and old looking garbge got contact with my skin. Within about a month i notice the skin color bumps under my skin on my arm and then on my chest, but mostly on my arm and chest and very little on my leg. To let you know this building i was working in had nasty looking garments and rubish in it. The bumps don't itch or hurt. When i squeezed one of them this white pasty looking stuff came out of it. I hope what i written here help you in determining what i need to use to get rid of this.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later

The skin colored bumps with a white pasty material coming out of them can be-

1. Skin papilloma: These grow out from the skin and may look like a wart or a piece of chewing gum stuck to the skin. Not painful or XXXXXXX
2. Sporotrichosis: Skin nodule with overlying hair loss and whitish cheesy discharge at the site of a puncture wound or break in the skin. Caused by a fungus.
3. Dermatofibromas- usually a harmless condition with no treatment needed.
4. Sebaceous cysts- Painful if infected. Need surgical removal.
5.Keratosis Pilaris- Small, rough white or red bumps that neither itch nor hurt. Usually worse during winter months or when there is low humidity and the skin gets dry.
6. Neurofibromas.
7. Skin cysts.

All the above conditions can be diagnosed after a proper examination by a dermatologist. Please visit your dermatologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: How can non itchy, painless, skin coloured bumps on arm, chest and legs be treated ? 6 hours later
Hello, I look all the skin diseases up by name, and none of them look like what i have. I have bumps that are the same color as my skin. I am a african american male. The bumps i have are not decorating my whole body but they are visible on my forearm and a serveral on my chest. They are not aggravated so, they will not bust if i squeeze them, the only way they would bust if one became aggravated for whatever reason and then at that point if i squeeze hard enough this pasty white creamy stuff would come out. The bumps are about the size of a pimple. Maybe one would become aggravated and at that point it would be a little painful but nothing serious. I think this could be caused by some sort of fungus, but i just can't be sure. What are the best over the counter medicine would you recommend? These bumps i have a very smooth, nothing rough about them. They don't look like a cyst or anything close to that. Remember this happen when i was in a really old building doing some clean up before the building was going to be destroyed. That is why i believe i might have came in contact with something that had some sort of fungus on it.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing again.

From your description it seems more like an 'infection or blocked sebaceous glands'.

The smear from the secretions will be best way to know the cause and the responsible organism for it.

The treatment is mainly antifungal or antibiotics to be taken orally- both of which are the prescription drugs.

Most simple skin problems improve with gentle skin care and avoiding irritating substances. You can help the improvement by
* Avoid scrubbing your skin.
* Use as little soap as possible. Use gentle cleansers instead.
* Avoid applying cosmetic lotions or ointments directly on the area.
* Use warm (not hot) water for cleaning. XXXXXXX dry, don't rub.
* Eliminate any newly added cosmetics or lotions.
* Leave the affected area exposed to the air as much as possible.
* Try calamine medicated lotion.
* Hydrocortisone cream (1%) is available without a prescription and may soothe your nodules.

You can also use clotrimazole ointment on them.
Hope this helps.

Wishing you an early recovery.