How can lumps on upper chest be cured ?

Hi, Most of my upper chest muscles are covered in small lumps more so in the upper chest side muscles. When i run my hand over the areas its like where the muscles are is all lumpy everywhere and not large lumps, more grainy small lumps. Should i be concerned?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

Can you provide me with some more info regarding your preoblem?
1.Any pain,soreness,swelling?
2.Are the lumps under the skin or on top?
3.Do you have trouble breathing?
4.Any protrusions on the chest wall?
5.Apart from heart disease any other similar problems in the past or in your family?
6.Any change in appetite or weight?
7.Since when do you have them?
8.Any tests done?
9.Can you send me a photograph of few such lumps to YYYY@YYYY , with Sub: ATTN Dr. Rhea Chanda. Also please post all your answer clicking "I have more questions"

Awaiting your reply.
Follow-up: How can lumps on upper chest be cured ? 15 hours later
There is no pain involved. The lumps feel like they are part of the muscles and they are very small. they don't protrude into the skin and cant be seen externally. I have no trouble breathing. I am obese and appetite and weight are stable. I seem to notice them in about 2006 although only few in numbers back then. Now they are every where. Also on my front lower rib area i have a few large soft lumps that a previous doctor suggests were harmless lipomas. The multiple smaller ones that are everywhere are much harder than the lipomas but all smaller than say a match stick head. I asked my local GP about it and he just shrugged it off and gave me no real answer. I may have forgot to mention I am type 2 diabetic as well. My last blood test result came back with a few abnormal results. urea was at 9.9 , Ld was at 251 , AST was at 54 and ALT was at 73 all the rest of the results are normal. I have also notice there is the same grainy lumps in my upper arm muscles too. Nothing in my lower arms or legs. That's about all i can tell you. Thanks and awaiting your reply
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 14 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for the information.

These are probably multiple subcutaneous fibromas/lipomas.These are basically knots of fibrous /mesenchymal tissue.Its a anatomical anomaly and doesnt cause any harm to one's health.Nothing to worry about and doesnt need removal unless there are any of the symptoms i have asked you in the above communication.The lipomas that you have mentioned are also harmless and need not be removed unless you wish for it,due to cosmetic purposes.I dont believe that you abnormal blood tests.diabetes is responsible for this.This is just a developmental anomaly.
You only need to see a doctor if you get pain,soreness,swelling,protrusion or breathing difficulties.
Otherwise,you need not be concerned yet.