How can i get rid of oily skin and hair ?

ENT Specialist
Hi,I'm a 19 years girl.My hair and skin is oil.I think take a shower one day is not enough for me ? But my skin is dry after shower.How many times can I take a shower one day?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 16 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Well for oily skin, there is no particular criteria for taking shower. But in a day you may take bath up to 3-4 times.

Actually, there are glands called as sebaceous glands which are present in the skin and are responsible for the formation of sebum so called oil. The purpose of this oil production, is to lubricate the skin, so the excessive rubbing of the skin may hamper this function and may lead into the inflammation of skin.

In some persons these glands asr more in comparison to others, it is based on genetic or familial constitution of the individual.

To overcome the problem, you may take following other precautions like--

1- daily bathing 3-4 times a day.
2- never apply any sort of cream, even suns cream over any part of the body.
3- restrict oil in diet.
4- Drink plenty of fluids.
5- Increase the amount of fresh fruits in diet.
6- avoid sun exposure.

Do not worry, these precautions will solve your problem.

Hope this will help you, and I am ready for future follow ups( if any ).

Follow-up: How can i get rid of oily skin and hair ? 13 hours later
but some part of my skin is very dry after shower,i also can't take cream?
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 11 minutes later
Hi again,

Yes you may definitely cream over the dry parts of the body, but except face, because face has higher concentration of sebaceous glands.