How can i get remedy for frequent loose bowel movements ?

I went to the beach for a couple of days, and on Thursday I had 3 bowel movements, all seemingly fine with no discomfort, but I never poop that many times in one day. On Friday I had 2 more and today 2 more, but this evening I felt that I had to pass gas and liquid, almost water came out of my anus. Tonight I had an odd feeling, went to poop and a little yellowy substance with looks like a little blood came out but no stool came out. Now the end of my sphincter hurts bit. I am not feeling any stomach or abdomen pain. Want to know what I should do or be concerned about.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Since you were off to a beach, a change in dietary habits and intake of contaminated food or sea water may cause stomach upset which is causing the frequent passing of watery stools.

It would be better to see a GP as you might need Antibiotics or Anti Helmenthics. Few investigations like stool examination, stool culture and sensitivity, routine blood and urine tests might be asked.

Meanwhile follow these measures which might help you in reducing your symptoms:
1.Eat soft, bland food: toast, bananas, crackers, plain rice, cooked carrots, boiled potatoes, baked chicken ~ no skin, etc.
2.Replace lost fluid and salts by:Take lots of broth, soup, fruit juices, soft fruits, or vegetables.
3.Avoid the following foods: Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.), Cold drinks - stick to warm tea or water as long as symptoms persist, Raw fruits and vegetables, fried & greasy food and fast food, spicy food, caffeine,etc.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.