How can high blood pressure related to diabetes be treated?

I am 31 years old, 5'8", 255lbs and have been diagnosed with insulin resistance. A few months ago I was singing (I have sang since I was old enough to talk) and while hitting a higher note, I got a wierd lightheaded feeling. Since then I have felt pressure in my head which makes me light headed, anxiety (about the symptoms), fatigue, and a stiff neck. The symptoms tend to lessen when I eat carbs. I started taking Cinnimon and Chromium and it worked for 1 month, then the symptoms came back. I went to my GP and had a fasting metabolic panel ran. She said all of my numbers were good. Also, my BP was a little high, 134/something.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Hi Stephens,

High blood pressure associated with diabetes both these diseases increase your risk of having any arterial mishap like stroke or angina.

On striking a higher note, there must have been a transient increased intracranial tension and this might have caused a small bleed inside your head making you light headed.But persistence of these symptoms for more than a month means that there is a psychological factor associated with it.
You need to see a psychotherapist who will help you.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.