How can hair loss be cured?

Dear Doctor

i last my hair, i have 28 age old not married, kindly advaice what i can do
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing your query.

Hair loss is defined as an abnormal condition of the body, which causes hair fall at a fast rate leading to partial or complete loss of hair. To treat hair loss we need to first know what the exact cause is.

Common signs of hair loss – Losing around 50 to 100 strands a day are normal, but beyond this, it is a concern, Pain and itching in scalp, Rapid hair loss at an early age, sudden increase in hair fall due to application of any product like oil, gel or shampoo

Common causes of hair loss –

• Emotional stress or shock

Hormonal imbalance

• Genetic - – Family genetics from the father or mother side of family lineage can be a cause of hair loss too.

• Nutritional - Hair is made up of proteins and its growth aided by several minerals and vitamins, a slight imbalance of these in your diet can trigger hair loss.

Anemia – Try to improve iron content in your diet.

• Diet and weight loss – Have a healthy balanced nutritious diet.

• Lifestyle - A hassled lifestyle with respect to stress, sleep and working also impacts hair loss to a great extent.

There are many causes of hair loss. You need to find what is exact cause for your hair. Try to XXXXXXX a Trichologist or a dermatologist who can help you to find an exact cause.

Take care. I hope I have answered you query. In case you have any further question I will be happy to help you.