How can fetus be aborted without medical help?

Ayurveda Specialist
Dr my wife is pregnant or we do not want baby now we have already 2 kids & we are live in village their is no medical facilities are available . Pl suggest us what we are doing
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Best to consult a doctor for guidance... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following point(s) need worth mentioning before opting for any system of medicine. Medical termination of pregnancy laws are not the same for all health care practitioners. It remains the same even for ayurveda. Accordingly the MTP [medical termination of pregnancy] Act defines the place, person and the conditions under which a pregnancy can be terminated. Under the act, abortion can be provided only by a registered medical practitioner who has the necessary qualification, training and experience in performing MTP and only at a place which has the facilities, meeting standards specified in the Rules and Regulations of the MTP Act. It is illegal and unethical to try abortion through internet search and web information. Moreover abortion is associated with serious complications, a few even life threatening ones. Therefore I do recommend all my patients to follow up with the treating doctor during and after the procedure. Ayurveda doctor has to establish the following facts before and after the procedure: i. Whether he/she is empowered to perform MTP. ii. The age of the foetus [opinion of second doctor.] iii. Was the product of conception evacuated completely? Without an opportunity to physically examine the patient and monitor the process of termination, it is very unsafe and unethical on my part to suggest you the measures. So please visit your healthcare provider for safe termination. Dr. Munish Sood Consultant & Physician Naimittika Clinic