Ask a Urologist   »  

How can excessive urination be controlled?

my brother was doing drugs last night (crystal meth) when he came home he was clammy and hot, and had bad diarrhea, but was not disoriented, or sickly looking. This was around 11 or 12. He got about 3 or 4 hours sleep overnight, but when he woke up he was very confused, thought his dreams were real and was hearing things things that were not there, he wouldnt go to a doctor. I looked online and it said to acidify his urine and lower his body temp. I gave him a small glass of cranberry juice and a large glass of iced water, and had him take a cool bath. He looks and feels a lot better and is no longer disoriented or clammy, but now, he cannot stop peeing. He is going every minute or two, but is having a hard time passing the urine.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Having frequency of urination is a common symptom of having a urine examination done which will show pus cells and protein in the urine.
If it is actually a urinary tract infection, then you need antibiotics to treat his problem. For symptomatic relief, you need to give him plenty of fluids and do give him plenty of fresh cranberry juice.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.