How can creatinine level brought down and how long does it take?

1) Since taking medicienes regularly - any chance to bring down the creatinine level to below 1.3 from the oresent level of 2 2) How long - I have to take the medicines since it is very expensive and also I have to go for reenal lab tests regularly at a intervel of atleast 3 months. 3) My weight has gone up from 65 Kgs to 80 kgs with high cholestral level but I have been advised not to take any other medicines other XXXXXXX those prescribed for Reenal problem and advised to go for a walk reularly under the sun to avoid skin allergy as well fro which also no medicined were precribed.Given to understand that some good imported ( from Germany) homepathic medicines are avaialble to fine tune kidney functions/ and to reduce creatinine levels. is it ok to ahed with it along with the present english medicines - what i am taking now. please suggest your valubale guidane further improvement of the kedney functions and to reduce creatinine level.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 31 hours later
Brief Answer: cKD is a chronic illness Detailed Answer: Hi, you are suffering from chronic renal failure which by definition is a irreversible and progressive disease. so you need to nderstand that you will be on treatment lifelong and you will require regular checks at least every 3 months. your creatinine has recently increased to 2.0 this shows that there may be some acute factors which are increasing the creatinne . these can be any fever , infection , diarrhea, use of painkillers use of unknown or 'desi' medication. you are taking Thelma 80 and carcass hese can also increase creatinine levels . I would suggest decreasing the dose of Telma to 40 and then to 20 under guidance of doctor by adding some other drug to the treatment. this may help in reducing serum creatinine levels. overall I don't think that you should be disheartened. as far as homeopathic and alternative medicines are concerned there is no scientic data to support their use in kidney patients. so I would not recommend you to use them. best wishes. any further queries please ask.